Site News

Date Added: 08/15/2016 Replacement Social Security Number And Card

Replacement Social Security Number And Card

Your nine-digit Social Security number remains your first and continuous link with Social Security. It helps accurately record your covered wages or self-employment earnings. Also it use to monitor your record once you start getting benefits.

Why Do You Need One?

You need a Social Security number to get a job, collect Social Security benefits and get some other government services. But you don't often need to show your Social Security card. Do not carry your card with you. Keep it in a safe place with your other important papers.

Free Social Security Services

Some businesses offer Social Security name changes or cards for a fee. Social Security provides those services and more for free. Do not pay for something you will get for free. Social Security is the best place to get information about Social Security.

Original Card for a U.S. Born Adult

You must present original documents or copies certified by the agency that issued them. Cannot be accepted photocopies or notarized copies. All documents must be current (not expired). Cannot be accepted a receipt showing you applied for the document.

What original documents do I need?


Can be accepted only certain documents as proof of U.S. citizenship. These include a U.S. birth certificate or a U.S. passport.


You must present your birth certificate. If one exists, you must submit it. If a birth certificate does not exist, we may be able to accept your:

  • Religious record made before the age of 5 showing your date of birth;
  • U.S. hospital record of your birth;
  • or U.S. passport.

Anyone age 12 or older requesting an original Social Security number must appear in person for an interview. We will ask for evidence to show you do not have a Social Security number. Here are examples of documents you can use to prove a Social Security number was never assigned:

 - If you lived outside the United States for an extended period, a current or previous passport, school and/or employment records, and any other record that would show long-term residence outside the United States could be used to show you do not have a Social Security number.

 - If you have lived in the United States and you are applying for an original Social Security number, you will be asked for information about the schools you attended or  provide copies of tax records that would show you were never assigned a Social Security number.



The Department of State implemented the electronic registration system beginning with DV-2005 in order to make the DV process more efficient and secure. The Department utilizes special technology and other means to identify those who commit fraud for the purposes of illegal immigration or those who submit multiple entries. 



USA Green Card Lottery 2016 Registration Entry
Apply for the Official U.S. DV-Lottery 2018
Immigration and Naturalization Program Here


 Start your US Green Card Lottery Registration


** Please Note that ALL information on www.USGC.org, which you see in your native languages is a result of work, of third party translators from English to your native language. We apologize if you may find any discrepancy or mistakes in translation. Please help us to improve the accuracy of translation to you native language, by sending email from Contact Us page.





02/06/2017, 06:36 PM


08/20/2016, 06:31 AM

New Post

Type the characters you see in the picture below.